ENTRANCE EXAM ANNOUNCEMENT
Check back soon for the next Entrance Exam date.
You can still download an application and complete it, as the next exam date will be announced soon.
All persons interested in becoming a Detention Officer must take the Entrance Exam unless you are exempt (see **EXEMPTIONS below). You cannot submit an application before the Exam.
** EXEMPTIONS: The written examination portion of the hiring process will be waived if you meet one of the following criteria:
- You have an Honorable Discharge from the United States Military
- You are a Certified Law Enforcement Officer
- You are a Certified Jailer/Corrections Officer
You may take the exam twice in one year. However, if you fail the exam twice within a twelve month period, you must wait one year before taking the exam again.
You MUST meet the following Minimum Employment Criteria:
- 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or State issued GED
- Valid Driver’s License
- No adverse driving record
- NO DUIs (driving under the influence) within the past seven (7) years
- If you are prior military, you must have an Honorable Discharge
- US Citizen
- NO felony convictions
- NO family violence convictions
- NO usage of “hard” drugs such as cocaine, LSD, crank, ecstasy, angel dust, etc., within the past five (5) years
- NO illegal drug usage, including marijuana, within the last twelve (12) months
In order to be admitted into the exam, you must bring a COMPLETE application and ALL supporting documentation with you. PLEASE NOTE: Incomplete applications will be returned to you resulting in a delay of your application process. To download the application, please highlight “Careers” (above) and click on “Employment Application.”
To register for the exam, please call:
- Rebecca Canals at 678-455-8514
- Denise Anglin at 678-513-5842
- Beth Connors at 770-781-2164
- Lori Conrad at 770-205-4628
Starting salary is $34,677.99. Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance. Uniforms are provided.