ENTRANCE EXAM ANNOUNCEMENT
We will be hold an entrance exam on Friday, August 22nd at 9 a.m. at the Central Park Recreation Center, 2300 Keith Bridge Road, Cumming GA 30040.
All persons interested in becoming a Detention Officer must take the Entrance Exam unless you are exempt (see **EXEMPTIONS below). You cannot submit an application before the Exam.
** EXEMPTIONS: The written examination portion of the hiring process will be waived if you meet one of the following criteria:
- You have an Honorable Discharge from the United States Military
- You are a Certified Law Enforcement Officer
- You are a Certified Jailer/Corrections Officer
You may take the exam twice in one year. However, if you fail the exam twice within a twelve month period, you must wait one year before taking the exam again.
You MUST meet the following Minimum Employment Criteria:
- 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or State issued GED
- Valid Driver’s License
- No adverse driving record
- NO DUIs (driving under the influence) within the past seven (7) years
- If you are prior military, you must have an Honorable Discharge
- US Citizen
- NO felony convictions
- NO family violence convictions
- NO usage of “hard” drugs such as cocaine, LSD, crank, ecstasy, angel dust, etc., within the past five (5) years
- NO illegal drug usage, including marijuana, within the last twelve (12) months
In order to be admitted into the exam, you must bring a COMPLETE application and ALL supporting documentation with you. PLEASE NOTE: Incomplete applications will be returned to you resulting in a delay of your application process. To download the application, please highlight “Careers” (above) and click on “Employment Application.”
To register for the exam, please call:
- Rebecca Canals at 678-455-8514
- Denise Anglin at 678-513-5842
- Beth Connors at 770-781-2164
- Lori Conrad at 770-205-4628
Starting salary is $34,677.99. Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance. Uniforms are provided.