ENTRANCE EXAM ANNOUNCEMENT
We will be holding entrance exams for detention officers on the following dates:
Friday, January 23, 2015
Friday, February 20, 2015
Friday, March 20, 2015
Friday, April 17, 2015
Friday, May 15, 2015
Friday, June 26, 2015
All exams will be at 9 a.m. at 475 Tribble Gap Road, Suite 120, Cumming GA 30040.
All persons interested in becoming a Detention Officer must take the Entrance Exam unless you are exempt (see **EXEMPTIONS below). You cannot submit an application before the Exam. EVERYONE TAKING THE EXAM MUST REGISTER FOR IT. See below for information on registering.
** EXEMPTIONS: The written examination portion of the hiring process will be waived if you meet one of the following criteria:
- United States Military Veteran with an Honorable Discharge and completion of your required active service
- Post Certified Officer with arrest powers
- Certified Jailer or Certified Corrections Officer
- A College Degree – Associate’s or higher
You may take the exam twice in one year. However, if you fail the exam twice within a twelve (12) month period, you must wait one (1) year before taking the exam again.
You MUST meet the following Minimum Employment Criteria:
- 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or State issued GED
- Valid Georgia Driver’s License
- NO adverse driving record
- NO DUIs (driving under the influence) within the past seven (7) years
- Honorable Discharge if prior Military Veteran and you have completed your required active service
- US Citizen
- NO felony convictions
- NO “guilty” pleas under the First Offender Act
- NO family violence convictions
- NO illegal drug usage, including marijuana, within the past twelve (12) months
- NO usage of “hard” drugs including but not limited to: cocaine, LSD, crank/crack, ecstasy, heroin or mushrooms
In order to be admitted into the exam, you must bring a COMPLETE application and ALL supporting documentation with you. PLEASE NOTE: Incomplete applications will be returned to you resulting in a delay of your application process.
To register for the exam, please call:
- Rebecca Canals at 678-455-8514
- Denise Anglin at 678-513-5842
Starting salary is $34,677.99. Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance. Uniforms are provided.