ENTRANCE EXAM ANNOUNCEMENT
The Forsyth County Sheriff’s Office will be administering a Detention Officer’s Entrance Exam at 9:00am on Wednesday February 26, 2014 at the Public Safety Center located at 3520 Settingdown Road, Cumming, GA, 30040.
All persons interested in becoming a Detention Officer must take the Entrance Exam unless you are exempt (see **EXEMPTIONS below). You cannot submit an application before the Exam.
** EXEMPTIONS: The written examination portion of the hiring process will be waived if you meet one of the following criteria:
- You have an Honorable Discharge from the United States Military
- You are a Certified Law Enforcement Officer
- You are a Certified Jailer/Corrections Officer
The deadline to register for the exam is 5:00 pm on Monday, February 24, 2014.
You may take the exam twice in one year. However, if you fail the exam twice within a twelve month period, you must wait one year before taking the exam again.
You MUST meet the following Minimum Employment Criteria:
- 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or State issued GED
- Valid Driver’s License
- No adverse driving record
- NO DUIs (driving under the influence) within the past seven (7) years
- If you are prior military, you must have an Honorable Discharge
- US Citizen
- NO felony convictions
- NO family violence convictions
- NO usage of “hard” drugs such as cocaine, LSD, crank, ecstasy, angel dust, etc., within the past five (5) years
- NO illegal drug usage, including marijuana, within the last twelve (12) months
In order to be admitted into the exam, you must bring a COMPLETEapplication and ALL supporting documentation with you. PLEASE NOTE: Incomplete applications will be returned to you resulting in a delay of your application process. To download the application, please highlight “Careers” (above) and click on “Employment Application.”
To register for the exam, please call:
- Denise Anglin at 678)513-5842
- Rebecca Canals at 678)455-8514 or
- Karleen Chalker at 770)781-3052
Starting salary is $34,677.99. Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance. Uniforms are provided.