The Criminal Investigations Division (CID) of the Forsyth County Sheriff''s Office is responsible for investigating all crimes that occur within Forsyth County. Investigators within CID are tasked with providing follow-up investigation on cases where a crime has been committed but no arrest has been made, as well as initiating new cases independently.
CID is structured so that different types of crimes are investigated by personnel with varying specialties.
- General/Property Investigations: These Investigators handle mostly property crimes of a general nature, such as thefts, shoplifting, etc.
- Burglary: As the name implies, these Investigators specialize in investigating burglaries that occur in businesses and homes.
- Auto Theft: Includes stolen automobiles and theft from autos.
- Special Victims Unit (SVU): The Special Victims Unit is responsible for investigating crimes against persons, such as homicide, rape, armed robbery, etc. SVU also has Investigators that maintain the Sex Offender Registry.
- White Collar: The White Collar Unit investigates crimes involving fraud, such as identity theft, fraudulent checks and corporate crime.
- Narcotics: These Investigators combat the drug problem in Forsyth County.
To speak to an Investigator please call the main CID number at (770) 781-2200. To report a crime please call 911.