S.A.L.T. Seniors And Lawmen Together, is a non-profit group committed to preventing the victimization of senior citizens, S.A.L.T. is a partnership between the Forsyth County Sheriff’s Office, Cumming Police and the Forsyth County Senior Center. Originally founded in 2005, S.A.L.T. was reorganized in 2007 to better serve senior citizens in Cumming and Forsyth County.
The group is run by the S.A.L.T. Advisory Council, a group of committed, motivated senior volunteers who decide upon programs that will benefit seniors and advise law enforcement on the special needs of seniors in the community.
S.A.L.T.’s objectives are based on those of the National Association of Triads, Inc. and it is a non-profit organization (501(c)(3)).
S.A.L.T. holds meetings at 10:00 am on the third Wednesday of every month at the Sgt. DP Land Memorial FOP Lodge, 248 Castleberry Industrial Dr, Cumming, GA. Food is served at the monthly meetings.
Topics of interest include:
- Elder abuse prevention, recognition, and reporting information
- Training for deputies and police officers in communicating with and assisting older persons
- Telephone call-in programs by and for seniors- Guardian Program
- Emergency preparedness plans by and for seniors
- Victim assistance by and for seniors
- Older persons volunteering within law enforcement agencies
- Training in coping with telephone solicitations and door-to-door salesman.
- Shopping Safety
- Fire Safety
- Identity Theft, etc.
If you would like more information on joining S.A.L.T. or becoming a member,
please call (770) 781-2222
If you would like to become a member of S.A.L.T. click the button below to download the application