Winter weather is here and the Forsyth County Sheriff’s Office Animal Control Unit would like to offer some tips for keeping your pets safe this season.
1. Bring your pets in during inclement weather.
2. If your pets must stay outside, make sure they have adequate shelter. (This would include placing straw, cedar shavings or bedding inside the pet house)
3. Make sure your pets have plenty of food and water.
4. If your pets must stay outside, please check on them frequently.
5. Ensure your pets stay dry. If your pets remain wet in the cold, this could lead to hypothermia or frost bite.
If you have any questions or concerns about pet safety, please contact the Animal Control Unit at 770-781-2138.